Know about the NEET Application Process, Syllabus and Selection Procedure
NEET is conducted by The National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses in India. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the sole entrance test for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in India. This exam is conducted annually. NEET 2020 will be held across 154 test centres.
Exam Name – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Exam Frequency – Once a year
Exam Mode – Offline
Exam Duration – Three hours
Accepting Colleges – Five hundred and thirty-nine colleges
Official Website – https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
Process for Neet Application
- Filling of NEET application
The first step in filling the NEET application form is completing the registration process. Follow the steps given below to complete the registration process for NEET 2020
- Go to the official site of https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
- Under the current events section, select “New Registration”
- Read the instructions given before you proceed further. The first step towards filling the NEET application form is completing the registration process. Follow the steps given below to complete the registration process for NEET 2020:
- Mark the checkbox at the end of the page in confirmation
- Select “proceed to apply online NEET (UG) 2020”
- The NEET registration form will open on your screen
- Fill the registration form by entering
- Candidate’s name
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Person with Disability
- Disability details
- Date of birth
- State of eligibility (for 15% All India Quota)
- Select identification type and number (Aadhaar card/ Voter ID/ Election card/ Passport/ Ration card/ Bank account/ other valid government ID)
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
- Alternate mobile number (optional)
- Alternate Email Id (optional)
- Security pin
- Go through the NEET registration form before submitting it. Now select “Preview and Next”. Recheck the prefilled NEET registration form. Click “Next” to proceed
- Create a strong password
- Choose a security question and answer
- Select “OTP Verification”
- You will receive a 6-digit OTP on your registered email Id/ mobile number
- Enter the 6- digit OTP and submit the registration form
- A provisional NEET application number is generated
- Note down the application number, password, security question and its answer for future reference
- This completes the registration process and you can now proceed to fill the NEET application form. Candidates must note that application form of NEET 2020 can be completed in a single sitting or multiple sittings, as per the candidate’s choice. However, once the application form has been submitted no changes can be made to it.
Completing the NEET application form
This time use the Candidate Login section to log in. Enter your application number and password. The application form of NEET 2020 has four sections or steps:
- Step 1: Apply Online
Details filled in the NEET 2020 registration form will be automatically prefilled into this one. The details that are already pre-filled into the application form cannot be altered. Select the following:
- If you belong to the minority category (if yes, select the name of the category).
- If you are suffering from Type I Diabetes.
- In case of a girl candidate, are you the only child (yes/no).
- Place of birth (India/abroad).
- State and District of your birthplace.
- Choose the desired medium of the question paper.
- Choose four exam cities for NEET 2020.
- Now you have the option to save the NEET application form in a draft form (Advised).
- Select “Next” to proceed to the next page.
- Select the school education board under which you had completed class X.
- Enter the name and address of the school.
- Select year of passing class X and the marks obtained.
- Enter class X board’s roll number.
- Enter details of the school/college from where you completed Class XI.
- Year of passing Class XI.
- Enter the details of the School/Board of Class XII.
- Year of passing class XII.
- Roll number of Class XII (Boards roll number).
- Enter the marks obtained in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in class XII boards.
- Save as draft and proceed to fill the next page.
- Enter your current postal address and permanent address.
- Enter qualification, occupation and income details of both parents.
- Select if you will be wearing a customary dress on the day of the examination.
- Enter the security code.
- Review the NEET application form and check for errors.
- Click OTP verification. Enter the 6-digit OTP received on your registered email Id/ mobile number. Enter the security pin.
- Mark the checkboxes after reading the instructions next to them.
- Click on “Final Submit” to submit your application.
- Confirm that all the details provided are correct and proceed to the second step.
- Step 2: Upload scanned Images.
Click on “Upload your recent photograph and signature”. Now upload the files. Click on “Next” to proceed, or “Upload Later” if you do not wish to complete the application at that moment. Check the images that you have uploaded. Mark the checkboxes given at the bottom. Click “Upload”.
- Step 3: Make a payment.
Select the desired payment method (Net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI/ PayTm wallet). Click on “Go for payment” and pay the prescribed NEET registration fee
Category Application Fee
UR EWS/ OBC 1400
SC/ ST/ PWD 800
Once the payment is processed successfully you will be redirected to the Print confirmation page.
- Step 4: Print confirmation page
Select “Click here” to take the printout of the confirmation page”. Print the confirmation page of the NEET application form and keep safe for future reference.
Syllabus of NEET
NEET syllabus comprises three subjects: physics, chemistry and biology. Topics covered in these three subjects are from classes X to XII.
NEET Syllabus for Chemistry
- Class XI
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Structure of Atom
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
Some p-Block Elements
Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Class XII
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
p- Block Elements
d and f Block Elements
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
Chemistry in Everyday Life
NEET Syllabus for Physics
- Class XI
Physical-world and measurement
Laws of Motion
Work, Energy and Power
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Properties of Bulk Matter
Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Oscillations and Waves
- Class XII
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Atoms and Nuclei
NEET Syllabus for Biology
- Class XI
Diversity in Living World
Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
Cell Structure and Function
- Class XII
Genetics and Evolution
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and Its Applications
Ecology and environment
Selection Procedure for NEET
NEET UG Selection Procedure Students must have to know that an all India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in NEET-UG 2020 examination. A candidate shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses under 15% All India Quota Seats and seats under the control of participating state governments/ Universities / Institutions as in the list in the information bulletin. Candidates seeking admission in seats other than 15% All India Quota are advised to visit the websites of State / University / Institution as mentioned in the bulletin and contact their authorities concerned in advance for eligibility criteria and other details for admission.
- Candidates who apply for NEET-UG 2020 and also seeking admission in AFMC will have to apply on the website of AFMC Reservation of Seats in Government Medical Colleges under 15% all India quota: 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates 27% seats are reserved for a non-creamy layer of OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Note: 15% of All India Quota, a separate list will be prepared based on their admission policies. Candidates seeking admission to AFMC Pune shall be subjected to the norms prescribed by The Directorate of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence and Government of India.
- As per the new orders, norms & conditions of the official board, all the private medical colleges are to accept NEET-UG scores. Apart from these, union territory medical colleges are also accepting NEET-UG scores.