Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an aptitude test that facilitates organizations to select eligible MBA/PGDM candidates for admission to all AICTE (All India Council For Technical Education) approved management programs. As per the directions of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. CMAT 2020 was conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year till 2018. However, since 2019, NTA has taken over the duty to administer the exam.
CMAT 2020 is a computer-based online test undertaken by the NTA (National Testing Agency) in over 109 cities across the country, and the duration of the examination is three hours. The question paper of CMAT 2020 contains 100 questions related to General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation.
CMAT 2020 is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission into MBA and PGDM programs. In numerous management institutions, students are enrolled on the basis of CMAT scores. Nearly 1000 participating institutions accept enrollment through CMAT ranking. To be eligible for admission, students are expected to qualify the respective cut off which is released by participating institutions after the exam. Students will also be required to pass the group discussion and personal interview rounds organized by the institution they seek admission in.
But, the first stepping stone is to crack CMAT and it is important to understand the format of CMAT to be adequately prepared before the exam. To clear the examination with extraordinary results, candidates must follow a comprehensive preparation strategy for CMAT. Candidates should analyze the detailed exam pattern of CMAT 2020 here and get a clear view of the question paper, and then gradually start planning for the examination.
Most of the students want to pursue an MBA/PGDM, so they burden themselves on applying for the toughest exam like CAT. There is cut-throat competition among the students to be successful in CAT and all the students can not be successful. Thus, NTA announced CMAT 2020 through which students can opt for leading institutions. As well as the difficulty level of this exam is also moderate in comparison to CAT. Every year nearly 50-60,000 candidates appear for CMAT to pursue their MBA dream.
Eligibility for CMAT 2020
The candidates must fulfil the conditions of eligibility which have been mentioned below:
- The candidate must be an Indian resident
- Applicants should have passed through a college or university approved by AICTE with a minimum three-year graduation degree
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation
- There is no maximum age limit to register and appear for CMAT 2020
- Students who are currently pursuing the last semester for their valid degree program or have recently appeared for it are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2020
CMAT 2020 Reservation Criteria
There is no reservation policy for CMAT 2020 but for admissions, the Business schools allowing CMAT 2020 score will be considering reservation criteria as prescribed by the Indian Government. The candidates should specify their reservation status (PwD category) in CMAT 2020 application form to obtain the reservation benefits at the time of admission.
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Other Backward Classes
|PwD||5 in each category|
Applicants with disabilities who need a scribe/reader/laboratory assistant during CMAT 2020 exam can post an application for the same to the superintendent of their respective examination centre. The superintendent should be pre-informed of the scribe/reader requirement, and the disability certificate is given under the candidate’s name.
Important dates for CMAT 2020
|Issue of online CMAT 2020 application form||November 2019: first week|
|Last date to submit application form CMAT 2020||December 2019: second week|
|Last date for fees payment for CMAT 2020||December 2019: second week|
|CMAT 2020 admit card available||December 2019: third week|
|CMAT 2020||January 2020: final week|
|CMAT 2020 question paper and answer key available||January 2020 last week – February 2020 first week|
|CMAT 2020 result||February 2020: first week|
Application Details for CMAT 2020
Some general information about CMAT 2020 application form is given below. One must read it to clarify all doubts.
- The application form will be available on the official website via online mode
- Candidates will first need to register by entering their valid e-mail address, telephone number, Name, and other information
- Applicants must fill out the form carefully because the correction timeline is not issued
- Ensure that all the details are true to your knowledge
Method to fill CMAT Application Form
- Log on to the official website for CMAT 2020
- Tap on “fill application.”
- Then, read the instructions and register themselves before filling out the application form
- Give all the personal details
- Upload the current photos and signatures in a format prescribed
- Carefully review all of the specifics before uploading the application form
- And then, pay the application fees
- Take the application form print, and keep it secure for future reference.
Fee Structure for CMAT 2020
|General – ESW/OBC- NCL candidates||1000||1000|
Candidates should pay the fees via credit card, debit card, or net banking via online mode.
Syllabus for CMAT 2020
The National Testing Agency (NTA) prescribes CMAT 2020 syllabus, and it comprises four subjects:
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
Candidates seeking to appear in CMAT 2020 exam should prepare all of these four subjects. Mentioned below is a list of crucial subjects to study for CMAT 2020:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Profit loss
- Simple interest and compound interest
- Number system
- Permutations and combinations
- Time- speed distance
- Work and time
- Alligations and mixtures
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Blood relationship test
- Statement and assumptions
- Series, coding, and decoding
- Sequences and series
- Cause and effect
- Symbol- based problems
- Strong-weak arguments
- Linear arrangements
- True and false statements
- Critical reasoning
- Assumption-premise conclusion
- Assertion -reasoning
- Antonyms – Synonyms
- Sentence correction
- Paragraph completion
- English usage errors
- One-word substitutions
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence rearrangements
- Indian constitution
- Science and technology
- Economy and business
- Current affairs
- International affairs
- Persons in News
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
CMAT 2020 will be conducted online for a three-hour duration. It contains 100 multiple choice questions, each of which carries four marks. As for the negative marking, one mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
CMAT 2020 Subjects
|CMAT 2020 Subjects||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2020 Cut-off
The participating institutes decide on the cutoff for admissions into the management courses. A 270-290 score can help the candidates get into a reputed college. The candidates are given rankings based on the score gained and AIR 1 is provided to the student who scores the highest marks. The percentile of marks gained by a candidate is provided by the formulation released by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
CMAT 2020, after the announcement of the result, the participating institutes, will release their standardized cutoffs. All institutes that have AICTE approval will accept CMAT 2020 scores. Candidates who qualify can then move ahead to the group discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
CMAT 2020 Participating Institutes
There are over Thousand participating institutes that accept CMAT 2020 scores for admission into the management programs.
The top names of the institute are listed below:
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune
- Prin.LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Acharya Bangalore Business School, Bangalore
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- MYRA School of Business, Mysore
- Future Business School, Kolkata
- Indira School of Business Studies, Pune
- ITM Business School, Bangalore
- TERI University, Delhi
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business (IISWBM), Kolkata
- Birla Institutes of Technology, Misra
- KJ Somaiya Institutes of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi
- Pune University MBA (PUMBA) Department of Management Sciences, Pune
- Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development, Mysore
FAQ’s about CMAT 2020
Ques. How do I get the CMAT 2020 admit card?
Ans: Candidates must use the login credentials to log in to the official website and download the official admit card. The students also are to collect the admit card’s soft copy via email.
Ques. What records should I bring for the CMAT 2020 examination?
Ans: Candidates are required to take a printed copy of the admit card, including a central or state government-issued photo ID card.
Ques. Can I change the preference of the CMAT 2020 examination event?
Ans: No change is permissible after the online form has been submitted. Candidates are instructed to carefully review all of the specifics before the form’s final submission.
Ques. What are the sections in the CMAT 2020 question paper? How many questions will be asked from each division?
Ans: There are four divisions in the question paper are Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. The question paper of CMAT 2020 contains 100 questions related to these four divisions. There will be 25 questions in each section.
Ques. How many times is CMAT 2020 conducted in a year?
Ans: CMAT is held once a year. However, it was conducted twice in a year before the 2016 session.
Here are some more useful articles for you: